Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Plane incident

Who thought it is always nice to travel? Yesterday I had chicken salad for lunch at this place called "Bugattis" by Lake Centurion. Will never go back. Was nice but I started feeling "funny" almost immediately after. During the afternoon my stomach started making noises and I felt worse.

At the airport I start feeling tired and weak and really awkward in the stomach region. On the bus to the plane (that took for bloody ever) it just went worse and when we were in our seats I was starting to think I was going to throw up.

Of course the whole comes to a climax during takeoff when you can in no way leave your seat! I started feeling like my head, hands and arms were buzzing and tingling, cold sweat was all over me (could hear the guy next to me comment) and I had to call for help, honestly thought I was going to faint right there and then.

The flight attendant wanted me to bow down and put my head between my legs but I was like 100 I was going to vomit if I did that. The guy in next seat suggested lying down on the floor - yeah sure during take-off... not to mention how seriously dramatic that would have looked.

Anyhow, I recovered after some minutes, got a glass of cold water and later a whisky to keep me alive. Once back home it became very evident that I had eaten something bad since I am still suffering from a terrible stomach.

No more salads for me is all I say, at least not on the same day I am about to fly.

No comments: