Monday, July 05, 2010

Decisively wrong...

Football, soccer, call it what you want. Unless you live on another planet you can not have missed that the World Cup is taking place "nextdoors" to Zimbabwe.

I have in several comments stated that this is the cup of SouthAmerica, that Brasil or Argenting was going to win. Well, boy was I wrong.... Holland did what I did not believe them capable of and won against a Brazil that used tactics I never thought I would see a team from that country use. Honestly, did coach Dunga give them wrestling lessons in advance? Elbows were used as much as the feet.

Then Germany simply walked all over Argentina and finally Spain defeated Paraguay (that I think deserved to win but that is another story). Ghana should have won over Uruguay and then I would have looked really stupid. But that is football, all predictions can go belly up.

Others that have been wrong are the refs and Fifa. How on Earth in 2010 can you refuse to use technology to avoid human error?? We have seen handgoals, clear goals disallowed, unnecessary penalties and unjustified sendoffs. I understand how difficult it must be but why the heck not allow the refs the same technology the audience has access to?

Well, Sepp Blatter will eventually go even if he seems as unwilling as a certain president in a certain southern African country.

=-=-=-=-=
Powered by Blogilo

No comments: